2. Your Consent and Agreement
4. Collection of Information
Information You Provide: We collect information, including personal information, that you choose to provide to us via the Website. For example, when you complete an online contact form, make a donation, request information about becoming a volunteer, sponsor or partner, or register for a volunteer, sponsor or partner opportunity, we will ask you to provide information so we may complete these transactions. The information you may provide includes, but isn’t limited to:
- If you are making a donation, your name, address, phone number, email address, and payment information.
- If you are submitting an online contact form or are interested in sponsoring EVF, your name, title and company, email address, phone number and the reason for your inquiry.
- If you are interested in EVF partner opportunities, your name, title and company, address, email address, phone number, company website, information about your organization and the type of partnership you’re interested in. If you choose to register for partner opportunities, we may collect additional information to facilitate your participation in such opportunities.
- If you sign up for our newsletter or other communications, your name and email address.
Information Collected Automatically: Our Website captures certain information automatically. This information may include your Internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and computer operating system, device type, application software, time and date you visit or use the Website, and traffic patterns and usage data, such as the pages you access, the website that directed you to the Website or the website you visit when you leave the Website. This information is gathered with "cookies" and other online tools. See the "Cookies and Other Technologies" section below for more information on how these tools work and how we use them.
Location Information: At present, we do not use technologies to collect precise geolocation information. However, we or our analytics vendors may use your IP address to derive your general location.
5. Use of Information
The information we collect is used for the purpose for which it was collected. Examples include processing your donation or registration and providing the information you request. We may also generally use your information, including personal information, to:
- Respond to your questions or comments or otherwise communicate with you.
- Manage communications and opt-out choices.
- Provide information about EVF, its services, events and opportunities.
- Provide information regarding vision, vision care and vision correction.
- Understand patterns of Website activity and improve the Website.
- Conduct online surveys.
- Prevent and investigate malicious activity, security breaches, and fraud.
- Conduct and improve our services, programs, outreach, development, advertising and marketing.
- Conduct analyses and for administrative purposes.
6. Protection of Personal Information EVF Collects
Although EVF uses physical and electronic security measures to protect your personal information we cannot guarantee that the Website is completely safe or that your personal information will not be disclosed or misused, either by accident or by the unauthorized acts of others, such as “hackers.” EVF urges you to use caution online. This includes not sharing your usernames and passwords. If you enter credit card information on the Website in connection with a donation or other credit card transaction, we do not store that information, which is sent directly from your browser to the third-party service provider we use to process credit card transactions. The service provider is not permitted to use the information you provide except for the sole purpose of processing the transaction on our behalf.
7. Sharing of Information
EVF may disclose your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Consultants and Service Providers. EVF may disclose your information to third party consultants and service providers (such as providers of management, administrative, financial and legal services, website hosting, support, and maintenance, email delivery, evaluation and analysis, data management and cleansing, advertising, marketing and promotional activities, fundraising and development, communications and outreach, fraud protection and risk reduction, and payment processing and authorization) to provide services to you or EVF. We may use social media and advertising platforms, including but not limited to Facebook® and Google, to serve advertisements to you or to third parties that the platform determines are similar to you. In order to offer these ads, we may share personal information, including email addresses and phone numbers, in hashed or unhashed format, with the platform provider, which can match this information to a particular platform user.
- Partners. Sometimes we conduct fundraising and other campaigns with third parties. If you donate to or otherwise participate in one of these campaigns, your information may be collected by both EVF and the third-party partner.
- Charitable Partners, Donors, and Sponsor. Your information, including personal information, may be shared with our charitable partners, donors, and sponsors and their subsidiaries and affiliates (such as Essilor of America, Inc. or Vision Impact Institute), who may send you communications, including promotional communications. The views of EVF’s charitable partners, donors, and sponsors do not necessarily reflect the views of EVF.
- Reorganization or Merger. In the event that the EVF is merged with or becomes part of another organization, or in the event that EVF sells or transfers all or substantially all of its assets or is otherwise reorganized, the information EVF collects may be one of the transferred assets to the acquiring or reorganized entity.
- Non-Personal Information. Unless otherwise prohibited by law, EVF may share your non-personal information with third parties for any purpose. This non-personal information may include aggregate data, which is compiled data reflecting the collective usage of multiple Website users, and de-identified data, which is not personally identifiable, but it reflects the usage patterns of a particular Website user.
8. Parents and Guardians
Our Website is intended for adults. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child under the age of 13 has given us personal information, you can contact us to remove the information. In addition, California minors (under 18 years of age) may in certain circumstances request and obtain removal of content or information they posted to the Website. If you are a California minor, you may contact us to make a removal request.
9. Opt-Out Choices
Emails. If we send you promotional emails, you can opt out of receiving future promotional emails from EVF by following the unsubscribe procedures indicated in each email. Even if you opt out of receiving promotional emails from EVF, we will send you transaction emails and respond to questions from you.
Cookies and Other Technologies.Like most organizations, EVF uses technologies in connection with the Website. These technologies include, without limitation, cookies, which are small data files created by a Web server and stored by your browser, and web beacons (also known as pixel tags, action tags, or transparent GIF files), which are tiny graphic images. We use these technologies to permit our Website to function properly and keep track of certain user activities on the Website, to implement analytics tools, including Google Analytics, that help us understand how the Website is performing and how visitors engage with the Website, and to improve and track our advertising, including to monitor your interaction with our online advertisements.
Managing Cookies.You may block or restrict cookies on your computer or device or purge them from your browser by adjusting your browser preferences. You should consult the operating instructions that apply to your browser or your mobile device’s user guide for instructions on how to configure your setting to meet your preferences. Cookies allow you to take advantage of some features of the Website, so if you block or otherwise reject our cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of the Website. To learn more about Google Analytics and your privacy choices in connection with Google Analytics, including the Google Analytics Browser Opt-Out Add On, please visit the Google website at https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
Do Not Track (“DNT”) Signals. EVF does not currently respond to DNT signals but may do so in the future.
10. Accessing and Updating Your Information
You may contact us to update your information. Please note that you may not be able to access or update all information we have about you.
11. Consent of Data Transfer of Non-U.S. Residents
The Website is intended for use by residents of the United States only. If you reside in a country other than the United States, do not use the Website or provide us with your personal information. However, if you do provide your personal information to EVF, you will be indicating your explicit consent that the personal information you have provided may be transferred to, processed, and stored globally, including in the United States, whose privacy and data protection laws may be less comprehensive than those of your country of residence.
12. Notice to California Residents - Your California Privacy Rights
Under California's "Shine the Light" law, California residents who provide personal information in obtaining products or services for personal, family, or household use are entitled to request and obtain from EVF once a calendar year information about the personal information we shared, if any, with other businesses for their own direct marketing uses. If applicable, this information would include the categories of personal information and the names and addresses of those businesses with which we shared customer information for the immediately prior calendar year. To obtain this information, please contact us, with "Request for California Privacy Information" in the body of your message. We will provide the requested information to you at your e-mail address in response.
Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the "Shine the Light" requirements and only information on covered sharing, if any, will be included in our response.
13. Links to Other Sites
14. Contact EVF to Ask Questions and Provide Feedback Regarding Privacy